Monday, June 02, 2008

Blog break broken AGAIN!!


It has been a lot longer than I thought it would be since I have blogged, but oh well. Time flies when you're having fun, knitting, or crocheting. The WIPs are flying off the needles. I need to post photos but I don't have any. Except this hat and scarf. This is not quite the parade of hats and scarves I promised in my last post but it will have to do. I bought this Noro on one of my three recent trips to Boston. It was purchased I think at Woolcott & Co., but I can't remember. I visited a lot of yarn shops. It's worked in garter stitch - inspired by Brooklyn Tweed's lovely garter stitch scarves and I'm quite happy with it. I had to buy another skein of yarn to make it as long as I wanted so at the end of the day this is a very pricey scarf. However, when the bracing South Dakota wind is whipping around me I'm quite happy to have the Noro - at any price - wrapped around my neck to keep off the breeze. The hat is made of a less high-brow product, Vanna's Choice. This is the project I made with the new Lion Brand yarn and I was quite happy with it as well. It was fairly soft to the touch for a relatively inexpensive acrylic and I liked how it worked up. Originally I made the scarf to match a tan Cotton Ease hat. However, I often wore the combo on my newspaper route and the yarnovers in the Lion Brand hat were letting in too much of the bracing wind. So the purple hat is made from the same pattern but with no yarnovers. I would make it a little shorter if I were to redo it, but since it takes the air on the paper route I'm not too worried about it.

No comments: